First impressions matter! The correct staging of your home can go a long way toward achieving a successful sale at the highest price. Even minor alterations can have a major impact. Here are a few general guidelines that can help transform your home and ensure you to get top-dollar.
- Start from the outside: A well-kept lawn can help secure a strong first-impression for your home. A day or two of yard work can mean a world of difference in the buyer’s mind. A clean lawn and well-groomed landscape will help bring in prospective buyers from the beginning.
- The front door welcomes the prospect: Doorways and entrances are usually the first thing a visitor sees inside of your home. Step outside your front door and take an objective view. A fresh coat of paint or scrubbing your door clean will be well worth the effort invested. A seasonal door decoration can instantly give your home a warm, inviting feel.
- Highlight your home: Ample lighting will project a feeling of warmth to the potential buyers. Clean windows will also help illuminate walls and ceilings.
- Clean kitchens and sparkling bathrooms help sell homes: Be sure these rooms are gleaming! Counter tops should be clean and free of clutter. Repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Fixtures should always be polished. Putting out fresh towels is a nice touch.
- A place for everything: Make sure beds are made and clothing is put away. Neat, well-organized closets show that there is ample storage space. Straightening newspapers, magazines or other “homey clutter” will help improve your home’s image to buyers.
- Check for repairs: Minor flaws in your home suggest neglect to the prospect. Be sure to clean and check major appliances. If a potential buyer can find a minor defect in a house, he or she will often assume there are more serious underlying issues.
Last, relax and have fun! Once a showing is scheduled, try to make plans for lunch or to visit a friend. Having homeowners milling around will often make prospective buyers feel uncomfortable and hurry through a showing. So, relax, and let our realtor do their job to showcase your beautiful home.